Monday, November 22, 2010

Does Anyone Every Really Grow Up?

This past weekend my mother and grandmother came down and visited me in my new apartment. Of course when your mother comes to visit a massive clean up always precedes. I am going to be honest, even though I am 24 years old I don't think I will ever grow out of being spoiled by my mother. We took a trip to Garden Ridge where my mother and grandmother (Tete as we call her- that is a story for another day) argued at the checkout as to who would be the one paying. There is something about two people arguing over who will pay for you that is a little odd. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or join in and argue to pick up the check myself. Instead, my mother and Tete decided that one would take care of Garden Ridge and the other would buy me groceries. After our trip in the grocery store we went back to my apartment where my grandmother put everything away even though she knew where nothing went. After everything was "in its place" she proceeded to take every pot I had out of the cabinets and re-wash them. This was all while my mother was putting my laundry in the dryer and adding a new load to the washer. We put curtains up, re-arranged the decorations that "didn't look right", and cleaned every surface of my apartment with white wine vinegar (which I didn't know before Saturday is a miracle product. It can clean everything from floors and mirrors, to walls and bathtubs).

Come Sunday afternoon I was sitting in the cleanest apartment I have ever had, with clean clothes for the week, and a fridge full of groceries. After the whirlwind of the weekend- the silence was almost deafening.

There is no feeling like being taken care of by your family. I don't think I will ever grow out of it and to be honest I don't think I will ever really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment