Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Are you there God, it's me Stephanie

So, I have started a blog. Nothing fancy, just a place to share my "inner most" feelings. I have tried the traditional form of keeping a journal, hoping it would help with my sanity, but seeing that my journal is still in its original plastic wrap- I thought I would try an electronic version. Where to begin- I guess that would be at the beginning... I have been going through somewhat of a "twenty-something cirsis" the last two years, gained an enormous amount of weight, and can't remember the last time I enjoyed life. You know the feeling when you wake up in the morning excited about the day...yeah I can't remember the last time I thought that. Now that I have realized that very sad fact, I am going to be making some changes. Thats right...CHANGES. Not the buillshit like oh I hope to be a better person...no some real honest to God changes. I need to find a purpose, a reason I am here. I need to get out there and start living life, creating my own destiny. This blog will be my escape, a place to chronicle my experiences. Track my progress. So, I guess first I should layout some goals and a timeline. Make this REAL and not just another attempt (and yes to be honest there have been a few to date....). I am hoping that by putting this in writing it will spir some motivation. I turn 25 in 8 months (on July 8th) so I feel that is a perfect naturally occuring time limit. Now let me set some goals (listed in no particluar order):

GOAL #1: Get back into shape! I have 30 pounds to lose people!!
GOAL #2: Finish my book...yes I am a writer and in the process of writing my first book.
GOAL #3: Meet a Mr. Right-Now
GOAL #4: Can we say get a life- I need to get out there and get moving.
GOAL #5: Learn to cook
GOAL #6: Cook for someone I love
GOAL #7: Be able to answer the question- what am I doing and why?
GOAL #8: Money MANAGEMENT- I could always use more, but I want to learn to live on what I've got!
GOAL #9: Have a large 25th birthday party and invite everyone I know! (and please let that be more that the 5 people I know now..I am not even joking)

There you are: my goals for the next 8 months. Some will be harder than others, but I want this. I really friggin want this, and I want to be able to say "I did it".

So I am dedicating this blog to everyone out there who needs it- whatever their "it" may be.

1 comment:

  1. I had better be invited to that big 25th birthday party! I miss you tons, Steph!!

    ReplyDelete